Team’s most notorious Cricketers:
Cricket is a gentleman’s game, but every cricketer has their own emotions. Their emotions make the game more intense and interesting. But some people are hard to get along with on the field.
Cricket needs to play with 3 core skills Batting, Bowling and Fielding. But some cricketers practice mental warfare too. Concentration is the key to win at any sport. Some cricketers can mentally disturb the oppositions to lose their focus on the game.
These cricketers are assets of the team. Their methods can vary, like fielder commenting on batsmen between deliveries, fast bowlers aggressive follow through or harsh comment on media.
Here I am with the list of leading notorious cricketers of every test playing sides in alphabetical order. They lead in terms of getting under the skin of their opposition.
- AUSTRALIA – David Warner: After the retirement of Shane Warne, he is leading the way for his team. He actively participates in every possible dimension. He comments on media, struggle with opposition’s players off the field and be provocative on the pitch. But he backs all his actions by his performances.
- BANGLADESH – Shakib Al Hasan: He is the best player of his team. He is currently serving a controversial 6 month ban due to his “Attitude problem”. He previously had a run in with a fan and disputes with coaches and board. He also had been banned before for making inappropriate gesture. But still his is the Most Valuable Player for his team.
- ENGLAND – James Anderson: He generally appears as a nice guy. But once he starts bowling, he transforms like the HULK. He is currently one of the top 3 best bowlers in the business. He recently had an incident with India’s Ravindra Jadeja. He had numerous incidents like this before. His most notorious moment was with Michael Clarke.
- INDIA – Virat Kohli: Despite Jadeja’s recent incident, Kohli has an upper hand. He make the opposition try harder when he’s at the crease. Apart from the incident with Gambhir, he rarely led on field actions. But he is naughty and normally stays close behind.
- NEW ZEALAND – Danny Morrison: Black caps are fully calm and composed for quite some time. Jesse Ryder faced some troubles but mainly due to his drinking. Danny Morrison was really hyperactive in his time. New Zealand has the most colorful and entertaining commentator in the world.
- PAKISTAN – Shahid Afridi: Javed miandad started this for Pakistan. His incident with Dennis Lillee is still very famous. After the retirement of Shoaib Akhtar, the title directly goes to BOOM BOOM Shahid Afridi. He has incidents with Shane Warne and relatively meek Mahela Jayawardene. His childish obstruction with Gautam Gambhir is still a treat to watch.
- SOUTH AFRICA – Dale Steyn: Steyn has the title due to the retirement of Andre Nel. World’s best pace bowler’s aggression is one of his major weapons. Not many batsmen can face him when he is on song. He is an ultra competitive sportsperson. His energy appears in all departments of the game.
- SRI LANKA – Sachitra Senanayake: Sri Lanka has many naughty players before. Arjuna Ranatunga was surely at the top of them all. Currently this title goes to Sachitra Senanayake. He recently dismissed “Mankad” Josh Butler. ICC banned him recently due to his illegal bowling action.
- WEST INDIES – Marlon Samuels: The typical West Indian Marlon Samuels had some incidents in his career. Most of them were just funny words and light hearten ones. But he had one ugly incident with Shane Warne where he hurled his bat at him.
I hope you like the list. Please do comment and share your views.