Top 10 biggest cricket Grounds in the world by Capacity:
Everyone loves to watch cricket. When it comes to witnessing the match on the ground, size does matter. So, today I am posting the list of top 10 biggest cricket Grounds in the world. You will find some amazing facts about your favorite stadiums like capacity, opening year and location. Enjoy my article and follow your game very closely.
The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) is an Australian sports stadium located in Yarra Park, Melbourne, Victoria. It is the largest cricket playing stadium in the world. It also holds the world record for the highest light towers at any sporting venue. For more information click here.
- Location: East Melbourne, Victoria.
- Opened: 1853.
- Capacity: 100,024.
- Highest Attendance: 91,092 (Aus v Eng, Test, 26/12/2013).
- Teams: Australia National Cricket Team, Victorian Bushrangers, Melbourne Stars.
Stadium Australia, also known as ANZ Stadium due to their sponsorship reasons. It is a multi-purpose stadium from Sydney Olympic Park, in Sydney, Australia. For more information click here.
- Location: Sydney, Australia.
- Opened: 1999.
- Capacity: 82,500.
- Teams: Australia National Cricket Team, New South Wales Blues, Sydney Thunder.
Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium is an international stadium in Kochi, Kerala. The capacity of 75,000 spectators making it the largest cricket stadium in India. This stadium is famous to be the noisiest cricket stadium in the world. Its unique architecture converts the atmosphere into a deafening one with 75000 people cheering. The stadium has unique lighting towers of 2 kW Floodlights. It can provide lighting levels for HD telecast. For more information click here.
- Location: Kaloor, Kochi, India.
- Capacity: 75,000.
- Teams: Indian Cricket Team. Kerala Cricket Team. Kochi Tuskers Kerala.
Eden Gardens is a cricket ground in Kolkata, India. It is a venue for all forms of international cricket matches for Team India. Eden Gardens used to be the India’s largest cricket stadium with a capacity of estimated 100,000. But, due to renovations for the Cricket World Cup 2011, currently it can hold 66,349 people. It is one of the most iconic cricket stadiums in the world. Eden Gardens has been called cricket’s Colosseum. For more information click here.
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Establishment: 1864.
- Teams:Indian Cricket Team, Bengal Cricket Team, Kolkata Knight Riders.
The Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium is a new cricket field in the city of Naya Raipur, India. It seats 65,000 spectators and was opened in 2008. It is the third largest cricket stadium in India. Sunil Gavaskar had rated this stadium to as one of the best stadiums in the country. He had proposed to utilize it for all types of matches. For more information click here.
- Location: New Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Establishment: 2008.
- Teams:Delhi Daredevils.
Gaddafi Stadium is a cricket ground in Lahore, Pakistan. It is the largest cricket stadium in Pakistan with a capacity of 60,000 spectators. For more information click here.
- Location: Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan.
- Establishment: 1959.
- Teams:Pakistan, Lahore cricket teams.
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium is a cricket stadium, located in Hyderabad, India. On the retirement of the stylish batsman VVS Laxman, the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) honored the state hero by naming the North End after him. For more information click here.
- Location: Uppal, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Establishment: 2004.
- Teams: Indian Cricket Team. Hyderabad cricket team. Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Sardar Patel Stadium (Motera Stadium) is one of the prime Cricket grounds of India. It is a regular venue for Test, ODI and T20I matches. For more information click here.
- Location: Motera, Ahmedabad, India.
- Establishment: 1982.
- Teams: Indian Cricket Team. Gujarat cricket team. Rajasthan Royals.
Adelaide Oval is a stadium in Adelaide, South Australia. It is one of the most beautiful Test cricket grounds in Australia. For more information click here.
- Location: North Adelaide, South Australia.
- Establishment: 1871.
- Teams: Australian Cricket Team. South Australian Cricket Team. Southern Redbacks.
Eden Park in central Auckland, is New Zealand’s largest stadium. After the redevelopment in 2010, now this cricket ground has a capacity of 50,000. It is the largest ground in New Zealand. For more information click here.
- Location: Kingsland, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Establishment: 1900.
- Capacity: 50,000.
- Teams: New Zealand Cricket Team. Auckland Aces Cricket Team.
I hope you have enjoyed this article of “top 10 biggest cricket stadiums in the world”. Please leave your valuable comments and suggestions.