Mumbai Indians is on a roll right now. The team won both Champions League T20 and IPL last year. They will hope to repeat their performance in the seventh edition. Mumbai Indians has been performing consistently. They have been finishing in the top three since last 3 years. The past success in the tournament is the result of its key players. Team had players like Kieron Pollard, Lasith Malinga, Harbhajan Singh and Rohit Sharma (C). They have been the pillars of Mumbai Indians. That’s why the franchise has retained all of them.
Arrival of “Mr. Cricket” Michael Hussey’s experience is good. It will provide more stability in the top-order batting of Mumbai Indians. Corey Anderson (New Zealand all-rounder) and Kieron Pollard is probably the most destructive combination of all-rounders. Both the players are exceptional finishers and come in handy with their bowling skills.
Zaheer Khan, Lasith Malinga, Pragyan Ojha and Harbhajan Singh make a good bowling attack of Mumbai Indians. Lasith Malinga got highest number of wickets in the IPL so far. His sling arm action and toe crushing inswinging yorkers can trouble any batting order.
Mumbai Indians may have to face some problems. They lost their key players like Sachin Tendulkar, Dwayne Smith, Dinesh Karthik, Mitchell Johnson and Glenn Maxwell. Now the main problem with Mumbai Indians is the batting line up. There is no promising option available for Rohit and Rayudu in case of their injury or lack of form. They have a good pool of fast bowlers to juggle around. Their spin attack is fine just like their playing XI. They have to produce the best possible synergy to retain the title.
Number of Players: 21 (Indian 13, overseas 8)
Cost: INR 59.95 crore
- Rohit Sharma (Retained).
- Ambati Rayudu (Retained).
- Michael Hussey (INR 5 crore).
- Apoorv Wankhede (INR 10 lakh).
- Kieron Pollard (Retained).
- Corey Anderson (INR 4.5 crore).
- Jalaj Saxena (INR 90 lakh).
- Aditya Tare (INR 1.6 crore)
- CM Gautham (INR 20 lakh)
- Ben Dunk (INR 20 lakh)
- Sushant Marathe (INR 10 lakh)
- Harbhajan Singh (Retained)
- Pragyan Ojha (INR 3.25 crore)
- Shreyas Gopal (INR 10 lakh)
- Lasith Malinga (Retained)
- Zaheer Khan (INR 2.6 crore)
- Jasprit Bumrah (INR 1.2 crore)
- Josh Hazlewood (INR 50 lakh)
- Krishmar Santokie (INR 30 lakh)
- Marchant de Lange (INR 30 lakh)
- Pawan Suyal (INR 10 lakh)
- Explosive all-rounder duos.
- World class bowling line up.
- Lack of flexibility in batting.
- Mediocre wicketkeeper-batsmen.
- Shortage of quality Indian batsmen.