Delhi Daredevils have always a strong playing eleven. They had a terrible last season. Their openers failed and nothing went right. Supporters lost faith as their team ended up with last position. They won just 3 of their 16 matches. This season Delhi Daredevil’s team management decided to make a fresh start. So they bought a whole new team. Still there is one cricketer who is in the new sqaud too – Kevin Pietersen. It was surprising that the Delhi Daredevils spent Rs 12.5 croresto sign Dinesh Karthik.
Delhi Daredevils have to forget about their performance in last season. It’s a fresh season with a new playing eleven. They have a better and much balanced side as compared to the last year. The batting lineup contains hitters like Murli Vijay, Kevin Pietersen, Ross Taylor and Manoj Tiwary. All are capable to score runs at a quick pace and destroy any bowling attack. Pace unit is decent in presence of Nathan Coulter-Nile and Mohammad Shami. Delhi Daredevil’s main concern is going to be the spin department. Kevin Pietersen has aggressive mindset. This is going to be a huge bonus for Delhi Daredevils. They have to find their strengths and weaknesses quickly. This will be the key to have a better season this time.
Number of Players: 23 (Indian 16, overseas 7)
Cost: INR 60 crore
- Kevin Pietersen (INR 9 crore).
- M Vijay (INR 5 crore).
- Manoj Tiwary (INR 2.8 crore).
- JP Duminy (INR 2.2 crore).
- Ross Taylor (INR 2 crore).
- Kedar Jadhav (INR 2 crore).
- Mayank Agarwal (INR 1.6 crore).
- Saurabh Tiwary (INR 70 lakh).
- Milind Kumar (INR 10 lakh).
- Laxmi Ratan Shukla (INR 1.5 crore).
- Jimmy Neesham (INR 1 crore).
- Jayant Yadav (INR 10 lakh).
- Dinesh Karthik (INR 12.5 crore).
- Quinton de Kock (INR 3.5 crore).
- Rahul Sharma (INR 1.9 crore).
- Shahbaz Nadeem (INR 85 lakh).
- Nathan Coulter-Nile (INR 4.25 crore).
- Mohammad Shami (INR 4.25 crore).
- Jaydev Unadkat (INR 2.8 crore).
- Wayne Parnell (INR 1 crore).
- Siddarth Kaul (INR 45 lakh).
- Rahul Shukla (INR 40 lakh).
- HS Sharath (INR 10 lakh).
- Strong batting lineup.
- Variety in fast bowling.
- Lack of good all-round players.
- Weak spin attack.