Glenn Maxwell has been the most destructive batsman in IPL 7. He has already scored four 85+ scores in the tournament. Glenn Maxwell is the new storm of IPL as he is currently the highest run getter with 435 runs from just 7 matches with the average of 62.14 with four fifties, 27 sixes and a breathtaking strike rate of 203.27. He is the only batsman to score over 400 runs in an IPL season with 200+ strike rate. If he can continue to score in the same way, he can easily break the record of being the highest run getter of IPL’s single season which is 733 runs jointly held by Chris Gayle (2012) and Mike Hussey (2013).
Glenn Maxwell was the most expensive player at the IPL 6 Auctions as Mumbai Indians bought him for 1 million US dollars that time. But Mumbai Indians was unable to use him properly and didn’t show any interest to retain him. Kings XI Punjab bought him to change their fortune and since then everyone witnessed a miracle. The whole Kings XI Punjab team is new but Glenn Maxwell, with his explosive batting, won them matches almost single handedly. In his first game against CSK, he scored an excellent 95 off 43 balls (15×4, 2×6) and chase down a target of 206 in 18.5 overs. In the next match against RR, he hit a flawless 89 off 45 balls (8×4, 6×6) with frequent reverse shots. Then against SRH, he smashed 95 off 43 balls (5×4, 9×6) and won Man of the Match third time in a row, which is a rarity in IPL. In the last match against CSK, once again Glenn Maxwell scored phenomenal 90 off just 38 balls (6×4, 8×6) and took the wicket of Raina at bowling. As a result, Kings XI Punjab scored a massive 231 against CSK, the highest score of the current season and he won Man of the Match once again.
Here is more information about his career and life.
Player’s Bio Data:
- Full name: Glenn James Maxwell.
- Nickname: The Big Show, Maxi.
- Height: 182 cm.
- Born: October 14, 1988, Kew, Melbourne, Victoria
- Current age: 25 years
- Major teams: Australia, Delhi Daredevils, Fitzroy-Doncaster, Hampshire, Hampshire 2nd XI, Kings XI Punjab, Melbourne Renegades, Mumbai Indians, Victoria, Victoria Second XI, Victoria Under-19s.
- Batting style: Right-hand bat.
- Bowling style: Right-arm offbreak.
- Role: All-rounder.
- Bat: Kookaburra Recoil.
- Test debut: India Vs Australia at Hyderabad (Deccan), Mar 2-5, 2013.
- ODI debut: Afghanistan Vs Australia at Sharjah, Aug 25, 2012.
- T20I debut: Australia Vs Pakistan at Dubai (DSC), Sep 5, 2012.